Tuesday 21 June 2011

Links roundup

Lashings of Ginger BeerPosted by Lashings of Ginger Beer

Welcome to the weekly Lashings links round up! Feel free to add your own links in the comments, with a brief description and trigger warnings if appropriate.



Clarisse Thorn on the pros and cons of the orientation model of sexuality as a means of defending/justifying BDSM:

A question that sometimes gets raised in BDSM contexts is: Is BDSM a “sexual orientation”? I’ve spent rather a lot of time thinking about this, and at this point, I believe the answer depends largely on the individual — yet at the same time, the answer stands a strong chance of being politicized into something that could limit individuals. And that scares me.

Megan Gedris (creator of Yu+Me Dream, Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space, and Meaty Yogurt) imagines how comics would look if male characters were objectified as much as female characters. With pictures.

Three-parent adoption in Oregon:
When..Judge Susan M. Svetkey signed the adoption papers today, she commented about how lucky the children were to have three loving parents, each of whom had different qualities that would help the children navigate their lives


Kenosha Robinson, a Black woman with albinism, talks about her experiences growing up:

My self-esteem is a work in progress. Sometimes, I'll be talking with a black friend, then look down at my skin and feel totally exposed, like, "I'm white and everyone can see it." But I'm becoming stronger and learning it's OK to just be Nosha, all 150 pounds of smile and laughter that I am. Still, seeing girls with beautiful caramel or chocolate skin sparks envy in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment